Monday, March 6, 2017

Slice of Life: March 6 -- The Best Part of the Day

Crazy.  That's the one word that comes to mind when I think about today.  I didn't eat lunch until 3:00 if that gives you any indication how my day went.  Combine that with the fact that I have a to-do list that seems to be a mile long, and today was just downright frustrating.

Aren't some days like that?  They are hectic and exhausting.  They leave you weary and craving something that will take the sour taste out of your mouth.

It's days like today that I especially appreciate and love the opportunity to spend time with my son.  Sure, chasing him around the house and meeting his every need is not relaxing.  It honestly just adds to the exhaustion.  But there's something about his ornery giggle, his constant jabber, and the way he says "Momma" that just seems to make everything better.  Tonight, as he laid his head on my chest and began to softly snore, I couldn't help but smile.

My to-do list isn't any shorter.  My eyes are still heavy and my soul is still weary.  My heart, however, is filled with joy.


2 comments:

  1. Some of the best things you can do is just sit and watch your kids play at the end of the day. I always keep that in mind. You can never get those moments back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caring for your kids is always time well spent. Making memories.

    ReplyDelete