Friday, March 24, 2017

Slice of Life: March 24 -- Laundry

I hate laundry.

Hate is a pretty strong word that I don't use often, but I think it's fitting when I describe my relationship with one of my least favorite tasks. It's not the actual "doing" of the laundry that I hate.  I have a washer and dryer for that. No, it's everything else that comprises the task of laundry that I loathe.

Sorting. Handwash only, lay flat to dry, lights, darks, towels, dry clean only. So many piles and so many options.

Hanging up and folding. This can't be dried and has to be hung up. That can be dried but must be hung up immediately. These things will wrinkle and these can go in a basket to be folded later. This sock is missing its mate.

Putting away. Get enough hangers. Get enough of the right kind of hangers. Sort again when being placed in the closet. This won't fit in the drawer.

Ugh. Just the thought of the whole process makes me tired. I suppose that's why I have four baskets of clothes to wash, another basket that needs folded and put away, and I finally started a load at 10:30 tonight so I would have clothes to wear tomorrow.

Did I mention I hate laundry?

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm late to post a comment here, but I HATE laundry, too. HATE. IT. I can't handle all the possible groupings and dread the day I ruin something by not, as you said, hanging it right or washing it with the right colors, or...it goes on and on. Laundry makes me completely overwhelmed, and every time I think, "Okay, I can relax. Maybe I don't need to be sooooo OCD about this..." That is the day I shrink my favorite sweater. I echo your UGH.

    ReplyDelete