Saturday, March 11, 2017

Slice of Life: March 11 -- Dieting

I started a diet two weeks ago. For the most part, I do pretty well sticking to the guidelines. It's not too difficult to maintain at school since I'm so busy and often don't have time to stop and think about the fact that I wish I could eat a bag of chips or a Snicker's bar.

Today, however, has been hard. I had to turn down pancakes at breakfast because I had already eaten my whole grain waffles. At lunch, I ate a tiny piece of bread, a salad, and what must have been the world's smallest piece of grilled chicken. All the while, sitting on the table in front of me was Wesley's plate of chicken tenders and fries. Willpower is not eating those chicken tenders and fries when your son refuses to eat them. Willpower is also throwing away the leftovers after your son yet again refuses to eat the chicken tenders and fries for dinner. My dinner -- a leftover tiny hamburger with no bun and a can of green beans.

Dieting is hard, especially for a girl who loves chocolate, chips, and fried foods. I know I'll love the results if I stick with it, but right now I really want some chicken tenders and fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment