Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Slice of Life: March 28 -- Favorite Destinations

I don't travel much, but I have had the chance to visit a few pretty amazing places. For tonight's post, here are four of my favorite places I have visited:

  • Maui: My husband and I went to Maui on our honeymoon. Life is definitely more laid back on the island. The landscape is absolutely beautiful. From the gorgeous flowers, the "painted trees" whose bark is literally muted shades of purple and pink, to the amazing water falls, Maui has a little bit of everything to offer.  The food is pretty unforgettable, too. You can visit Mama's Fish House, where the seafood menu changes daily and features a variety of fish caught locally. For a unique touch, the menu tells you the name of the fisherman who caught the fish!
  • Cancun: My husband and I have been to Cancun twice. Both times we stayed at Secrets the Vine, a gorgeous all inclusive resort. With lots of different restaurants within the hotel, nightly entertainment, four pools, and a beautiful beach, you literally have no reason to step foot off the resort property. If you're feeling adventurous and want to get a little history lesson in the process, a guided tour of the Mayan ruins is a must. Most of all, this is a perfect place to lay by the pool, read a book or take a nap, and take a break from the stress of the "real" world. 
  • Italy: I had the chance to visit Italy during college. I spent an incredible 17 days touring the country with stops in Rome, Florence, Venice, Capri, Pisa, and Pompeii among others. This was a once in a lifetime trip that included tours of some of the world's most amazing and historical landmarks.  I could write an entire blog about all I saw and did during this trip. 
  • Destin, Florida: The first beach vacation I ever went on was to Destin with my family during spring break when I was in sixth grade. For that reason, it will always be one of my favorite vacation spots. I remember seeing the gulf for the first time, collecting shells with my dad along the beach, shopping with my mom, and playing miniature golf as a family. It was my very favorite vacation we ever took as a family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment