Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Slice of Life: March 20 -- Cousins

I got to spend a little time with my nephews this past weekend.  I don't get to see them as often as I'd like, so it's fun when we are able to get together.  Hudson is five and the twins, Ashton and Preston, are almost three.  They are full of energy and are always on the go, so our time together is very busy and is spent moving from one activity to the next.  Wesley is finally old enough to play with them.  They do a great job including him and even share their toys with him.  It's fun to watch the four of them interact with one another.  I suppose it brings back memories of my cousins and me when we were growing up.  I was the second youngest in our family and one of four girls and five boys.  My female cousins were all quite a bit older than me and they lived several hours away, so most of my memories are of me playing with my brother and my three male cousins who lived close to us.  As a result, I often played cops and robbers, dressed up as Superman, and played whatever sport they were playing.  I was a bit of a tomboy, so I didn't mind playing with the boys.

I watch Wesley and his cousins play and I can't help but think about how much fun they will have together as they get older.  I can imagine baseball games in the backyard, fishing trips, dares, a few scraped knees, and lots of dirt.  Just thinking about it makes me smile.  I don't want any of them to grow up any faster than they already are, but I love the fact that they will have wonderful memories of their time growing up together.


Wesley and Hudson


Preston, Wesley, and Ashton

No comments:

Post a Comment