Saturday, March 25, 2017

Slice of Life: March 25 -- Writing About Nothing

I can't find any words tonight. The cursor is blinking at me on the screen, beckoning me to write. "Surely you have something to say." I can hear the condescending tone of its voice as it continues to blink in its rhythmic pattern. It's like a clock ticking, counting down the seconds, reminding me the day is coming to a close and my post still needs to be written. My brain searches for words, for any thought worth typing. There must be something I can type to stop the endless flashing of the tiny vertical line on my computer screen. 

Nothing. No cute poem. No top ten list. No throwback to a time of my youth. I already wrote about the piles of laundry resting at the foot of my bed. 

I've got nothing except to say that I've got nothing coming to my mind except to say that I can't think of anything to write about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment