Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Slice of Life: March 15 -- Commitments

Lately I have found myself committing to a lot of new things. I often tend to overextend myself, so it's not surprising that I find myself committing to lots of things. However, this time some of the things I am committing to are things that are truly impactful in my life and are challenging at the same time. I'm realizing that I am pushing myself outside of my comfort zone in some areas and that it's not a bad thing. Here are a few things I've committed to that are making a difference in my life:
  • Bible Study on Wednesday Nights. I've been going to Wednesday night Bible study for a while now, but the current study has me really intrigued and excited about what I am learning. I still struggle to get my homework done each week, but I am discovering that this commitment to this particular study is having an impact in the way I view my walk with God and my response to situations in my life. 
  • A Memory Verse Challenge. In January a few friends and I joined Beth Moore's online Scripture Memory Verse Team. The challenge is to post a Bible verse on the first and the fifteenth of each month for the entire year. In addition, the goal is to memorize those 24 verses. I haven't done a good job memorizing yet, but I have kept up and posted my first six verses this year. It may not seem like much, but I've kept my commitment to posting and now just need to work on the memorizing. 
  • Dieting. Granted, it's only been a few weeks, but so far I have stuck with it and resisted the temptation to "cheat" on several occasions. It's not been easy, but I am working hard to keep my commitment and hope it pays dividends. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the paragraph of your son it is very sweet.:)

    ReplyDelete