Sunday, March 19, 2017

Slice of Life: March 19 -- Turning 35

Thirty-five years ago on today, I entered this world two weeks ahead of schedule. It's hard to believe I'm 35. For some reason 35 sounds and seems so much older than 34. Perhaps it's because I am now just as close to 40 as I am to thirty. Perhaps it's because I'm now half way to 70. I hadn't really thought of that until a friend told me that 35 was a hard Birthday for her for that reason. I suppose age really is just a number and honestly, I don't feel like I'm 35.

Either way, I had a good day celebrating with my family. I spent time shopping in Branson, enjoyed a wonderful dinner with my family, spent time playing with Wesley and my nephews, and cheated on my diet for the day. As I sit here typing this, I am reminded how truly blessed I am.

1 comment:

  1. 35 hurt my feelings, too. It was a hard birthday for me, but unlike you, I'm just 5 months from 36! ;) Happy late birthday! Hope it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete