Friday, March 3, 2017

Slice of Life: March 3 -- Thankful for Friday

I'm not going to lie -- it was a long week. By long I mean one of those weeks when you can't remember if what happened Monday really happened this week or last week. It was one of those weeks when Tuesday felt like it should have been Wednesday, Wednesday felt like it should have been Thursday, and well, you get the drift.

All that said, I'm thankful it's Friday, and here are the reasons why:

1. I got to wear comfortable shoes to work. This probably seems silly to most, but after a long, busy week, there's something glorious about wearing tennis shoes to work.

2.  I usually don't cook on Fridays. I'm not a big fan of cooking the other six days of the week, but Fridays are for eating out or ordering in. Tonight was dinner out at one of my favorite restaurants.

3. I get to go to bed knowing I can sleep later in the morning. "Sleeping in" is a thing of the past now that I have a one year old, but even an extra hour of sleep in the morning is something to look forward to.

4. I get to look forward to a weekend with my family. After a week spent working and managing the daily routine, it's nice to look forward to a couple of days that aren't quite so structured and planned. That means spending time with my son and taking time to do things we enjoy that aren't part of our normal day to day routine.

5. I get to go to bed early without feeling guilty. During the week, I often struggle to stay up late and work or do chores around the house. There are many nights my eyes get heavy right around Wesley's bedtime and I feel guilty when I don't force myself to get up and accomplish something before I go to bed. On Fridays, however, I don't feel guilty when I go to bed early. There's something about knowing I have two days to tackle all the things on my to-do list that makes going to bed before 9:00 seem a little less guilt ridden.

That said, it's 8:47 and my eyelids are getting heavy...

No comments:

Post a Comment