Thursday, March 8, 2018

Slice of Life — March 8: My Favorite Things

For today’s post, here are ten of my favorite things. Enjoy!

1. Favorite Vacation Spot: Cancun, Mexico would definitely get my vote. The beach is beautiful and you can’t beat the relaxation and pampering that comes with an all-inclusive resort.

2. Favorite TV Show: It would now be considered an “oldie,” but Friends is still my all time favorite television show. I’ve seen every episode multiple times, can quote lines from the show, and can typically relate most everyday life events to an episode of this iconic show.

3. Favorite Sports Team: It’s March which means college basketball is in full swing and March Madness will be arriving shortly. Duke is my favorite team to watch and cheer for this time of year.

4. Favorite Movie: I absolutely love The Holiday. It’s a movie my husband and I watched together when we were dating and it remains my favorite. I have to watch it every year around Christmas and watch it each time I run across it on TV.

5. Favorite Food: This is a tough one because I love so many different types of food. I will say, however, that it’s hard to pass up Mexican. Any meal that begins with chips and salsa, queso, and guacamole is pretty good in my book.

6. Favorite Auhor: This one is a tie. Nicholas Sparks and John Grisham are my favorites. Their books are incredibly different, but I love them both nonetheless.

7. Favorite Color: My favorite color is red. It’s a good thing I work in Webb City!

8. Favorite Hobby: I wouldn’t say I have a lot of hobbies, but playing golf would be my favorite. I don’t get to play much anymore, but I still love the game.

9. Favorite Place to Shop: If it’s clothes, Banana Republic is my favorite place to shop. I can always find clothes for work and some good casuals options as well.

10. Favorite Season: I love fall! I love the colors as the leaves change, the cool weather, wearing sweaters, visiting the pumpkin patch, and enjoying everything pumpkin spice!

2 comments:

  1. I love Friends, so which friend are you?

    We also share 4, 5, 8, and 10!

    In addition, I have read every Nicholas Sparks novel but maybe the last 1-2. I would not have pegged you for a romance gal, but between Sparks and The Holiday, you are! I do enjoy a good John Grisham read as well. Did you know he has kid books now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m not sure which Friend I would be. I honestly don’t think I’m like any of them, which is probably why I liked the show so much!

      Funny that we have so many favorites in common! I didn’t know you were a golfer!

      I’ve read every Nicholas Sparks and John Grisham book until recently (having a baby/toddler cuts in to your reading time). I knew Grisham had written a couple of young adult books. They are both such great authors!

      Delete