Saturday, March 10, 2018

Slice of Life — March 10: Daylight Savings

Tonight is the night we “spring forward,” moving our clocks ahead one hour.  I love spring and certainly appreciate the longer days, but must we lose an hour of sleep in order for that to happen?  I’m not good at adjusting to the time change and neither is my son, another reason why messing with my sleep schedule is problematic. It may work to my advantage tomorrow as he will likely choose to sleep later, but it becomes difficult during the week when he won’t want to get up for school and my husband has to wake him in order to make it to daycare on time.  The bottom line is that I love sleep and anything that messes with it, especially causing me to lose an hour of it, is going to wind up on my list of things I dislike. I suppose I will be happy when it is still light outside in the evening, allowing us to enjoy the outdoors longer. Sure, that’s a good thing, but right now it’s hard to see the positive when my eyes are burning from being tired, the clock reads 11:33 p.m., and in my mind, it’s really 12:33 p.m.

2 comments:

  1. Hoping you feel rested nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love for the time to stay back or forward...just pick one and stick with it. I think most farmers nowadays have lights on their tractors and combines...no need for the extra daylight in my opinion anyway!

    ReplyDelete