Sunday, March 18, 2018

Slice of Life — March 18: Fun with Family

This evening my parents, brother, sister-in-law, and nephews got together with my husband, Wesley, and me to celebrate my birthday. We went to eat at a restaurant called FD’s Grillhouse and then went to my parents’ house for cake and ice cream. It’s always fun when we get together, but the best part is watching my nephews and Wesley play together.

Hudson, my oldest nephew, is six and is very protective of Wesley. Tonight at dinner, Wesley went and sat in a chair with Hudson and finished eating Hudson’s fries after Hudson asked to share them with Wesley. Ashton and Preston are twins who are three years old. They are a little more rambunctious when it comes to playing with Wesley, so they had fun playing with the toys at my parents’ house. 

Most of all, it was good to all be together. We all have become so busy that it’s often difficult to find time to spend together. This time of year is one of my favorites, as we begin celebrating one another’s birthdays, six of which happen between now and the first part of June. It’s always good to spend time with one another and I am so thankful for my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment