Monday, March 5, 2018

Slice of Life — March 5: We’re Having A...

Pink or blue?

Glitter and bows or baseballs and trucks?

Baby brother or baby sister?

Another grandson or the first granddaughter?

Those were the questions of the day. Today was the day of the big gender reveal. It was a day I had been eagerly anticipating for months. I have to admit that I was a little nervous when the ultrasound tech called my name and led us back to our room. Today was also the day we would find out if our baby was healthy, and given that Wesley was born with a congenital birth defect, I was anxious to say the least. I must have had a sense of worry on my face, because the tech began her scan by checking to make sure there was no diaphragmatic hernia and reassured us everything looked good. She then asked if we wanted to know the gender. We said yes, to which she replied, “You’re my second girl today. It’s a girl!”

I smiled at Stephen as tears rolled down my checks.

I hadn’t really admitted that I wanted a girl. I was so focused on wanting a healthy baby that knowing the gender was icing on the cake. Now that I knew everything looked good with the baby, I breathed a sigh of relief and and shed a few tears of joy.


6 comments:

  1. And now I am shedding tears of joy for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy is the best! Girls are just the icing and sprinkles on the cake! So thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on both a healthy baby and a precious girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you! Yay for pink and bows and glitter. Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOO happy for you!! What awesome news--thank you for sharing all the wonderful details!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such exciting news! I'm sure Wesley will be a great big brother!

    ReplyDelete