Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Slice of Life — March 20: Spring

Spring is one of my favorite seasons. Here are some reasons why:

1. Warmer weather. Winter isn’t my favorite time of year. I like snow in small doses, but I really dislike being cold. Spring brings warmer temperatures, which I am always ready for after a cold winter.

2. Green grass and blooming trees. The brown grass and bare trees of winter always look so sad to me. I love when the grass begins to turn green and when you see the first buds of the new leaves on trees. Each hear I try to pay close attention to see when exactly the trees begin to gain new leaves, but  each year they seem to appear overnight, arriving suddenly.

3. Longer days. I really don’t like daylight savings time and the loss of an hour of sleep, but I do like the fact that it stays light until later in the evening. That combined with warmer temperatures means more time to enjoy being outside

4. The return of sandals. By the time spring arrives, I am ready for some different footwear options. It’s time to get a pedicure and break out the sandals!

5. Summer is approaching. This time of year makes me anxious for summer. It’s like a little preview of what is to come with even warmer weather, more time outdoors, and all the fun that comes with summer.

6. Flowers. I love when flowers begin to bloom, adding another layer of color to the landscape. I also enjoy planting flowers to set in pots on my front porch. I don’t have the best green thumb, but I do enjoy how pretty they look.


No comments:

Post a Comment