Sunday, March 11, 2018

Slice of Life -- March 11: Shopping for Baby Girl Things

As you probably know, this week we found out we are having a baby girl in July.  Since she will be the first girl in our family (I have a son and three nephews), none of us are used to shopping for a girl.  It was fun this weekend to pick out things for her nursery and I had to finally stop myself from buying outfits.  To top it off, my parents came to visit today, so we all went together to shop for the baby.  My mom and I had such a good time picking out clothes.

It's a little surreal still to think that we're having a girl.  I've been so used to buying things for boys and it's a totally different experience shopping for a girl.  I can't wait to dress her in all her cute outfits and I am already envisioning what her nursery will look like.  At the same time, it's been fun to pick out things for Wesley's "big boy" room.  We bought new furniture for him a few weeks ago and have been picking out things to decorate over the past few weeks.  He's pretty excited about his new room (and so am I) and it's helped him prepare for just one of the many changes that will come when his sister arrives in July. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for girl clothes a target. I don't know why, but they are the cutest ever.

    I'm glad you enjoyed your shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all the baby girl updates! Wesley will be a wonderful big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to now details on both rooms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so we are dying to know if you've picked out a name or have a pool of names? Are you going with a "W" name like Wesley and Whitney??? I think Whitney is a cute name!! LOL

    ReplyDelete