Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Slice of Life — March 14: It’s Madness

Tomorrow the madness begins. March Madness that is.

It’s arguably one of my favorite times of the year. Sure, it usually signals the coming of spring break, but it also signals a time when underdogs become winners, contenders get pushed to the wire, and college basketball is at the height of its glory. It’s time for the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament.

Sure, I’ll be rooting for my favorite teams (Duke and Missouri) while also hoping s few underdogs make a run, knocking off some higher seeds and “busting” brackets along the way. I’ll also enjoy watching one of the greatest sporting events of the year, when it seems anything is possible, stars are made, and dreams come true. It’s a time when unexpected winners emerge, rivalries are rekindled, and teams experience their “One Shining Moment.”

So I’m going to sit back and enjoy the ride, cheer loudly, and root for the underdog. Let the madness begin!

2 comments:

  1. Oddly enough, I am a Kentucky Wildcats fan, blue and white Welch Wildcats (hometown) influence. I do pick Duke over North Carolina. I enjoy this time immensely. Even our daughters fill out the brackets! Good luck to your teams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy every moment! I hope you get plenty of time to watch and savor! I'm rooting for Arkansas tomorrow against the Indy hometown favorite, Butler! ;)

    ReplyDelete