Sunday, March 18, 2018

Slice of Life — March 17: More of My Favorites

I’m struggling with creativity and finding a topic this evening, so here are a few more of my favorites:

1. I love sleeping in and taking naps.  The sleeping in doesn’t happen anymore since having a baby who is now a toddler, but I still manage to make time for naps. That old adage, “sleep when the baby sleeps” still applies most weekends, as I love to take a nap when Wesley takes a nap.

2. I love shoes. I used to wear heels all the time, but that changed when I became pregnant. My feet just couldn’t take it. My feet grew while I was pregnant and they never went back to their pre-pregnancy size. As a result, I donated a bunch of shoes to Goodwill. I’ve been a little more reluctant since then to stock up on shoes for fear the same thing will happen this pregnancy and I’ll be making another trip to Goodwill.

3. I don’t like to cook (but wish I did). I can follow a recipe and I am fine at making your “staple” meals, but cooking is not my favorite thing. I think part of the reason is because I’m not a very good cook and I struggle to come up with new ideas.

4. I like to be on time. I hate running late whether it’s getting to work, going to church, arriving at an appointment, or even if I am just meeting friends.

5. I still like to drink chocolate milk, even if I am an adult. My great aunt got me started on chocolate milk as a kid and I still love to drink it. I rarely buy it to have at home because I like it so much and know it wouldn’t be good to drink it that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment