Saturday, March 31, 2018

Slice of Life — March 31: A Good Day

Today was a good day!  It started early with a 6:15 trip to Walmart this morning to buy candy for Wesley’s Easter eggs. It then continued with frantically cleaning house in preparation for my parents’ arrival. I got done cleaning and getting ready just in time before my parents arrived. Wesley was so excited to see them! My parents bought him a book and a lot of clothes for Easter. He was most excited, however, about hunting Easter eggs. My mom and I hid them in our backyard. Wesley had so much fun running around and tossing the eggs in his basket. When we came inside, he had to eat a few pieces of candy before we left to eat lunch.

We ate lunch at Cantina Bravo and then came back home in time for Wesley’s nap. After a little coaxing, he fell asleep and the rest of us decided to take a nap, too. After our naps, my dad and I watched a little basketball while my mom and Wesley played in Wesley’s room. My parents then left to go back to Springfield, so Wesley and I headed to Target while Stephen went to work to get caught up on a few things. Wesley was really good at Target and we picked out a few things for his Easter basket. We then stopped at Wendy’s to pick up dinner. Wesley enjoyed his hamburger and then it was time to start getting ready for bed. We watched one of his favorite shows and snuggled on the couch before bedtime.

It was then time for me to get a few things done. I picked up our dinner mess, straightened up our family room, figured out my clothes for church in the morning, and started a load of laundry. I’m now relaxing on the couch, watching basketball, and feeling happy after a great day with my family.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it 31 days, Dr. Zornes! I enjoyed reading your blog this month. I didn't always comment, but I stopped by several times. Pass on my congrats to all those that kiddos and staff that made it too! I hope to see some pics of a celebration soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like Wesley had a wonderful time this Easter holiday! How fun it must have been to watch him gather his eggs...when they are toddlers, they are learning so much and you are able to visually see them and know how proud they are of themselves and you of them!! I loved that stage!!!

    ReplyDelete