Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Slice of Life — March 27: Random Facts About Me

I’m struggling to come up with an interesting topic tonight, so for your reading pleasure, here are some more fun facts about me:

1. I played volleyball and basketball in high school. I loved both sports, but volleyball became my favorite. I loved it so much that I continued playing throughout college on an intramural team and played almost year round at the YMCA where I worked, playing on women’s, co-ed, and sand volleyball teams. I coached eighth grade volleyball for three years while I was teaching.

2.  My husband and I had four vehicles between the two of us when we got married. I had a two-seater sports car at the time and had purchased an older Dodge Durango SUV to drive in the winter when the weather was bad or when I needed to haul more than one other person around with me. My husband had a new truck and an old Ford Ranger he had had for years. It was the truck he drove when he was hauling brush, when the weather was bad, or when he wanted to keep miles off his new truck. We sold my Durango not long after we got married and sold his Ranger a few months later.

3. We also had two houses when we got married. We thought we had his house sold while we were vacationing on our honeymoon and even spent one morning while in Hawaii filling out paperwork for the realtor and faxing it back to Missouri at the cost of $1 a page. That deal and another fell through before we finally sold his house almost a year after we were married right after the Joplin tornado.

4. This fact is just kind of interesting (in my opinion) and I’m not sure what made my mom think of it years ago. My dad is exactly three years, one month, and one day older than my mom. I lack one month and one day from being exactly three years younger than my brother.

5. I lived at the Lake of the Ozarks for three years while I was in seventh, eighth, and ninth grades. It was a pretty fun place to live. Our house was on the lake, so we spent our summers fishing, boating, and riding our wave runner.

So there you have it — some random facts about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment