Monday, March 30, 2015

Slice of Life: March 30 -- One More Day

In many respects, it's hard to believe that I am writing my next to last slice. I must admit that this year's slicing has been a challenge. I have often felt uninspired and feel like I have approached my blog as simply one more thing in my never ending to-do list. I wish that wasn't the case. I wish that each day I felt inspired, motivated, and worthy of sharing my thoughts with the world. The truth is, most days the words were a struggle, the ideas were lacking, and my creativity was nonexistent.

Those feelings left me feeling like I somehow failed at a Slice of Life. Last year I was so much more insightful, uplifting, and thoughtful in my writing. This year I have often generated random lists, rambled about my day, or told a silly story from my childhood. I felt a little discouraged and disappointed in myself. Then, however, I began to think differently. Perhaps completing a Slice of Life this year is a greater accomplishment than last year. Last year was much easier. Last year it was new and fresh. It wasn't as hard to stay motivated and excited. Sure, it took perseverance, but this year has taken a new level of perseverance and dedication. For that, I am proud. While I may not be exceptionally proud of everything I wrote, I am proud of the fact that I persisted and finished the task of writing for 31 days.

So be proud. Be proud of what you have accomplished in your writing. Be proud of persevering. Be proud of having done something challenging. Be proud and remember this month and when you feel like giving up, remember a Slice of Life and remember you can do great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment