Monday, March 23, 2015

Slice of Life: March 23 -- Back to the Routine

"It can't be 5:15," I thought to myself as my alarm woke me this morning. I didn't sleep well last night, so the early morning wake up call coupled with it being the first day back to school after spring break made for a rude awakening.

Granted, I am a creature of habit and I do like my routine. However, after a week of sleeping in and waking up without an alarm clock, I must admit that it was a challenge to get out of bed this morning. I had a wonderful, relaxing break and the thought of entering back into the world of work and stress wasn't very appealing this morning. Add to it the fact that I have a million things to do this week, and I could already feel my anxiety increase before I even stepped foot out of bed. 

There were, however, good things about returning to my routine. It was nice to see my students and colleagues today. I enjoyed visiting with them about their spring break. I also managed to cross several items off my very long to-do list. That always makes me feel good. Most of all, however, it was nice to have a routine again and a purpose to my day. Despite how much I enjoyed my break, it's always nice to return to the normalcy of the workweek. 

No comments:

Post a Comment