Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Slice of Life: March 3 -- Aunt Beeze

"I love you, Beeze."

Talk about four words that absolutely melt my heart.  Combine that phrase with the one that usually follows ("I miss you, Beeze") and I am a puddle on the floor.

Those simple words, uttered by my nephew, Hudson, are the words that make my day better.  They remind me of my purpose.  They make me feel special.  They cause me to remember that I am his one and only Aunt Beeze.  Those simple words create an indescribable feeling within me, as if my heart could literally leap from my chest, it is so overwhelmed with love and thankfulness.

Hudson is full of life and energy and compassion.  I know I am biased, but he is one of the most thoughtful three year olds I have ever met.  I can be playing with him and he will stop what he's doing, look at me, and utter one of those two phrases that melt my heart.

Today was a particularly rough day and when I needed to be uplifted, I called and talked to Hudson.  Just hearing his voice made me feel better.  Just knowing that he loves me and misses me was enough to lift my spirits and bring a smile to my face.

"I love you, Beeze."  Four simple words, uttered by such a small voice, yet so amazing.


Hudson and me on his third birthday



Hudson playing with play dough


My twin nephews, Ashton and Preston (you'll hear more about them later)

2 comments:

  1. How perfect and precious! It's so neat that you both have such a special relationship. He's very lucky to have an aunt like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear more about these sweet boys! I can relate to the feeling of being an aunt; there's just nothing like hearing "I love you" from a special little person! Loved all the pictures, too! :)

    ReplyDelete