Thursday, March 19, 2015

Slice of Life: March 19 -- Happy Birthday

Today is my birthday and I am blessed. There are many reasons why I feel this way today and each day for that matter. I spent the day with my parents. They are two of the most generous, loving, and wonderful people you'll ever meet. We don't get to spend as much time together as we used to, so it was nice to spend an uninterrupted day together.  I received lots of phone calls, text messages, and emails from family, friends, and co-workers. The best part of my day, however, was the phone call I received from my three year old nephew, Hudson, who serenaded me by singing Happy Birthday. It completely melted me heart! Tomorrow the celebrations continue, as my husband and I get to enjoy dinner together to celebrate my birthday.

Yes, I am blessed beyond measure. While my birthday reminds me of how blessed I am, my goal is to remember those blessings each day and celebrate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment