Monday, March 16, 2015

Slice of Life: March 16 -- My First Round of Golf

Today I played my first round of golf in eight months. Here's what I learned:

  • Hitting my first tee shot into the water was a sign of things to come for the rest of my round. 
  • Having to keep your golf cart on the cart path during your entire round due to wet conditions makes for a very long day at the golf course. 
  • Everyone and their brother must have thought today was a perfect day to be at the golf course (translation: it took three hours to play 13 holes - not even a full 18). 
  • I am not very patient when it comes to waiting to tee off and hit almost every shot. 
  • Chipping stinks when the ground is either rock hard or incredibly muddy. 
  • Chipping also stinks when you're not very good at it in the first place, the ground is hard or muddy, and you haven't played in eight months. 
  • My one and only par was a reminder why I still love golf in spite of the fact that I did terrible on every other hole. 
  • I could tell it was a rough day for me at the course when I opted to quit after 13 holes because I was hungry and didn't want to wait another hour to eat. 
  • A windy day + already irritated allergies = a headache and a runny nose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment