Friday, March 20, 2015

Slice of Life: March 20 -- Spring Has Sprung

Today is the first day of spring, marking the end of the long winter season. I like living in a place that experiences all four seasons, but must admit that winter is my least favorite. Sure, I like the snow and the crispness of the cold air, but only for a short while. The joy of snowfall is soon overshadowed by bitter winds, a barren dead looking landscape, and short, gloomy days.

Perhaps it is for those reasons that I love spring. I love the first warm day of the season. I love the budding of the trees and flowers as the grass begins to turn green (even if it does aggravate my allergies). I love the longer days and the freshness that seems to be in the air. I love the sound of birds chirping in the morning and the sound of gentle rain at night.

Spring has officially arrived, and lucky for us, today actually felt like it. Spring has truly sprung!

No comments:

Post a Comment