Friday, March 13, 2015

Slice of Life: March 13 -- My Morning Phone Call

I begin each weekday morning much the same way.  I wake up (after hitting snooze multiple times) and begin the process of my morning routine.  I get ready for school, grab my lunch, pack my briefcase while my coffee is brewing, feed my cat, and rush out the door.  I toss my briefcase in the back seat of my car, buckle my seatbelt, and back out of the garage.  As I near the end of my driveway, I click on the "favorites" icon in my phone's contact list, and call my dad.  It's my favorite part of my morning routine.

As I drive to school, I talk to my dad.  He can anticipate my call, knowing my morning routine and the time I leave my house each morning.  If I am running late, he calls me to make sure I'm okay.  If I leave for work early, I can hear the surprise in his voice, followed by, "You're going to work awfully early today!"

I love our early morning conversations.  Sometimes, I use it as a time to ask my dad for advice about a situation at school.  Sometimes, I just chat about what I have on my schedule that day while my dad tells me his plans for the day.  Sometimes we laugh and joke, retelling a funny story or remembering a good time we had together.  Regardless of the topic, it's the best way to start my day.


1 comment:

  1. This was a nice post Dr. Zornes! I love how you added, "After hitting snooze multiple times." I can definitely relate!

    ReplyDelete