Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Slice of Life: March 9 -- Proud, Blessed, and Humbled

Today was a busy day, and in many instances, I found myself running from one task to another.  My lunch was cheese and crackers from the vending machine, I talked to several students on the short break I had between meetings, and I frantically scribbled down my list of things to do, leaving most of them undone at the end of the day.  After the final bell rang and bus duty was complete, I sat down at my desk exhausted, but also feeling extremely proud, blessed, and humbled.

The majority of my busy day was spent meeting with my teachers to discuss student data and instructional strategies.  We had some of the most open, honest, and empowering conversations in those meetings today.  I left each feeling a sense of pride in my teachers and students.  My teachers are taking risks, pushing their students toward excellence, and challenging them to take ownership of their own learning.  My students have accepted this challenge, and have experienced growth and success as a result.

It's days like today that I am reminded just how important my job is.  Today was a chance for me to be reminded why I love what I do.  I love talking about learning and helping my teachers grow professionally.  I don't always have as much time in the day to devote to those activities as I would like, but when I do get the time to have those discussions, I realize how proud, blessed, and humbled I am to get to be a leader at our school.

No comments:

Post a Comment