Saturday, March 19, 2016

Slice of Life: March 19 -- Happy Birthday

Today is my birthday. 34 years ago I entered this world. 34 years seems like a long time ago. I suppose I don't feel that old and, to be honest, getting older has never really bothered me. Today, however, it seems odd to think that I will soon be closer to my forties than I am to my twenties.

I spent the day with my husband, son, and parents. It was a pretty low key day as tomorrow we will actually celebrate with my brother, sister-in-law, and three nephews. This day is always one that makes me pause and reflect on all I have to be thankful for. The best part of my birthday is spending it with my greatest blessings. Any day I get to spend with those I love is a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Dr. Zornes! So glad you got to celebrate during SB! What a treat. As a fellow 34 year old, this line took my breath away: "Today, however, it seems odd to think that I will soon be closer to my forties than I am to my twenties." Chalk it up to not doing the math on the my part, but I never really thought about it that way...oh boy... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!! Mid-thirties feels worse than 'early thirties' somehow...but I'm sure when we are in our forties, we will be grateful that we are closer to retirement than college aged. :-)

    ReplyDelete