Monday, March 14, 2016

A Slice of Life: March 14 -- Wordless

I'm sure you've heard someone comment that they are speechless. This expression is usually uttered after a moment of shock, awe, or genuine surprise. It refers to the inability to find the right words to speak -- hence the word speechless.

Tonight I am wordless. I may have just made up that word, but as I lay here in bed, I can honestly think of nothing to write. I literally have no words at the moment. I tried to think of something clever, something inspiring, but nothing came to me. I thought about just writing about my day, but realized there wasn't much to write about. It was busy and exhausting and thinking about writing about it just made me more tired.

So here I am, laying in bed, typing this on my phone, admitting that tonight I don't have much to offer. I am, however, still writing. I suppose that counts for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment