Sunday, March 13, 2016

Slice of Life: March 13 -- Firsts

Since having our son, my life has been filled with firsts.  There was the first time he rolled over, the first time he said "MaMa," the first time we took him to eat at a restaurant, our first overnight stay in a hotel, and his first day at daycare.  Today was another first.  For the first time since he's been born, we took Wesley to church with us.

I had mixed emotions about this venture.  I was excited to be back at church.  We haven't been able to take Wesley out much since he was born in order to make sure he did not get sick.  As a result, my husband and I haven't been to church much at all since Wesley was born.  On the other hand, I was a little nervous.  There's only so much you can do to entertain a four month old for an hour and a half at church.  Combine that with the fact that he didn't eat much before we left for church so I wasn't sure when he would be hungry again.

Fortunately, Wesley was a champ!  My husband held him through the first part of the service and when he started to get a little restless, I took him and he fell asleep on my shoulder.  Amazingly, he even slept through the loud music and actually snored through the sermon.  That part was a little funny, but all in all, our first trip to church was definitely a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment