Friday, March 18, 2016

Slice of Life: March 18 -- Spring Break

At 2:52 today, the bell rang, signaling not only the end of the school day, but the official start of spring break.  The blustering northerly wind and cold drizzle didn't make it feel like the beginning of our week long spring vacation.  Despite the cool temperatures, it is in fact spring break.

This break will be unlike any other for me.  For the first time, I'll be enjoying spring break with my son.  I am sure he and I will spend some days at home playing and, with warmer weather on the horizon, some nice walks outside in his stroller.  Either way, I am planning to enjoy this week off from school.  It's a nice time to relax and unwind from the stress of work as we begin to head into one of the busiest and most stressful parts of the school year.

I don't have big spring break plans and, honestly, I am perfectly fine with that.  I like the fact that I have a full week that isn't already planned for me and that I have the chance to do with it as I chose for the most part.  I can drink coffee on my couch in my pajamas.  I can take a nap in the afternoon.  I can have lunch with friends.  Those are just some of the things I am looking forward to this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment