Sunday, March 20, 2016

Slice of Life: March 20 -- Celebrating

Today was a day spent with family, celebrating my birthday.  My husband, Wesley, and I joined my parents, brother, sister-in-law, and three nephews for brunch.  We ate at Highland Springs Country Club in Springfield.  They have a delicious buffet full of all kinds of amazing foods.  At the end of brunch, my family surprised me with a piece of chocolate cake complete with a huge sparkler stuck in the top in the place of a candle.

More than anything, I enjoyed the time spent with my family.  We don't get to all get together as often as we would like.  My brother is very busy with his job and family, as is the case with my husband and me.  I really cherish the time we do get to spend together, but it always seems to go by too quickly.  We are entering the time of year when we celebrate lots of birthdays in our family, so I am looking forward to seeing my family more often in the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment