Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Slice of Life: March 8 -- My Colleagues

This Friday is our school's annual PTO fundraiser.  It's a fun night that features a basketball game between our middle school staff and the Webb City Police Department.  It's the one night each year when I attempt to relive my high school glory days and am reminded that high school was a long time ago.  I always end up getting knocked down while driving to the basket or simply trying to keep up with those who are in much better basketball shape than me.  What's most fun, however, is getting to play with my colleagues.

My job is stressful and busy and difficult.  My teachers and staff members can say the same about the role they fulfill at school each day.  On this night, however, I get to remember just how blessed I am to work with people who are so devoted to our kids that they don't mind spending an evening playing basketball in an effort to raise money to support our students.  We laugh together, cheer for one another, high five each other, and in general, have a good time.  I'm blessed to go to work each day and spend my days making an impact on others' lives.  I am also blessed to get to work with people who make me laugh, lift me up, and cheer me on each day, not just one night a year when we play a game together.

So if you're free Friday night and are in for a good laugh, come to the middle school at 6:30.  I promise you'll be entertained!


No comments:

Post a Comment