Monday, March 24, 2014

Slice of Life: March 24 -- Back to the Routine

My alarm sounded this morning with its familiar tone, startling me from my night of slumber.  "Surely it can't be 5:30," I thought to myself.  Like normal, I pressed snooze once, then again, and again, until I finally crawled out of bed at 6:15.  It's a good thing it doesn't take me long to get ready for school.  I was running late due to my excessive snoozing and had intended to forgo my morning cup of coffee.  However, as I walked into my kitchen, my Keurig seemed to be beckoning me, begging me to brew a single cup of coffee.  I gave in and enjoyed the hot, dark, liquid shot of caffeine as I drove to school.

While it was a little hard to get up this morning (especially for someone who is not a morning person), in so many ways, it seemed like any other morning.  It was familiar.  It was routine.  It was normal.  As much as I enjoyed my break, in many ways, it was nice to return to normal.  I like normal and I enjoy my routine.  Sure, I'm a little sleepy today and my bedtime will inevitably come much earlier tonight, but I appreciate the familiar and enjoy the comfort of my daily routine.

Now if I can just avoid hitting snooze in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment